Thirst

Thirst

pic credit : Dr Ida Moadab


In crowd of billions
I search for unknown
Pain in my legs
My mind frown

I walked so long
That gives me scars
I fought with my tears
Looking to the stars

No one I met
Was close to my  sketch
And no one really care
When tired me retch

Year after year
Life-drama remains the same
No one was the perfect
To fit in my frame

Wrinkles on my face
Were showing my age
My precious ink dried
Without feeling my empty page

I was like traveller
Who lost in the sea
And thirst remains same
Having water all around me

Deciding to stop
I sat somewhere alone
And what a wonder
I listened my perfect tone

Rhyme of my breath
Beat of my heart
That were the only things
For which I start

Start then knowing me
And my thirst got droplets
As I lost chance
To take complete goblet

Time near to end
I was sad first
But then become happy
At least I quench my thirst

When I died
I woke up from my dream
And secret I know
Feels like cherry on the cream

Rejuvenated me now
Start run for the goblet
My thirst is new
But I  know the secret
                                                                    ©Abhinav Mankar 240317


Comments

Post a Comment